CFPB Announces New Advisory Board and Council Members
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 / by C. Dirk Peterson / Client Alerts
07/13/17 – The CFPB announced the appointment of new consumer experts to the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, Credit Union Advisory Council, and Academic Research Council.
The Dodd-Frank Act charged the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) with establishing a Consumer Advisory Board to advise and consult with the Bureau’s Director on a variety of consumer financial issues. At Director Richard Cordray’s order, the CFPB also created a Community Bank Advisory Council, a Credit Union Advisory Council, and an Academic Research Council. The four bodies provide advice to CFPB leadership on a broad range of consumer financial issues and emerging market trends.
The Community Bank and Credit Union Advisory Councils advise and consult with the CFPB on consumer financial issues related to community banks and credit unions. The Academic Research Council shares insight relating to research methodologies, data collection, and analytic strategies.
New members to the Consumer Advisory Board and Academic Research Council will serve three-year terms and new members to the Community Bank, and Credit Union Advisory Councils will serve two-year terms.
New Consumer Advisory Board Members:
- Randi Adelstein, Assistant General Counsel for Regulatory Affairs, MasterCard International Incorporated, Purchase, N.Y.
- Patricia L. Arvielo, President and Co-Founder, New American Funding, Tustin, Calif
- Julie Kalkowski, Executive Director, Financial Hope Collaborative, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- Brent A. Neiser, Senior Director, National Endowment for Financial Education, Denver, Colo.
- Ohad Samet, CEO, One True Holding Company, San Francisco, Calif.
- Dr. Howard B. Slaughter, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa.
New Community Bank Advisory Council Members:
- Richard H. Harvey, Jr., Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, Colonial Savings F.A., Fort Worth, Texas
- Max S. Yates, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Bank Plus, Ridgeland, Miss.
New Credit Union Advisory Council Members:
- Kayce Bell, Chief Development Officer, Alabama Credit Union, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Jack Fallis, President and CEO, Global Credit Union, Spokane, Wash.
- Luis Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- David Tuyo, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Operations Officer, Power Financial Credit Union, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
New Academic Research Council:
- Dr. John G. Lynch, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Research, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, Colo.