Changes in federal and state laws and regulations can affect existing business models and compliance obligations and can impact your business strategy. Companies that are proactive in positively influencing laws and regulations have a competitive advantage over those that are merely reacting to them.
Led by James T. McIntyre, who served in President Carter’s cabinet as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, McIntyre & Lemon’s government relations team uses its extensive political experience and legal knowledge to advise businesses and trade organizations on legislation, policy, and regulation. Whether you need assistance in developing advocacy strategies or drafting proposed rules, McIntyre & Lemon is committed to representing your interests at all levels of local, regional, and national governing bodies in the United States. We have deep and longstanding relationships with federal and state regulators and legislators that enable us to engage with decision-makers on your behalf.
On behalf of our clients, we:
- Work with regulators and other government policymakers.
- Engage with a client’s government affairs programs in direct advocacy with decision-makers.
- Assist in relationship building that strengthens the brand and furthers corporate strategy.
- Assist clients with legislative advocacy and bill drafting.
- Develop and coordinate advocacy strategies.
- Analyze and help draft proposed rules.
- Assist in forming and managing advocacy coalitions.
For more information on how we can advocate on your behalf, contact us.