04 October 2019
McIntyre & Lemon is proud to announce that it has taken over the annual updates for the treatise Insurance Activities of Banks by Karol Sparks.
McIntyre & Lemon is proud to announce that it has taken over the annual updates for the treatise Insurance Activities of Banks by Karol Sparks. McIntyre & Lemon has been a long time contributor to the treatise and is the author of Chapter 14, “Debt Cancellation Products.” McIntyre & Lemon would like to thank Ms. Sparks for her hard work and scholarly contribution to the field. In continuing the annual updates of the treatise, McIntyre & Lemon remains committed to Ms. Sparks vision of maintaining Insurance Activities of Banks as a leading authority in banking and insurance law.
The treatise contains the following fourteen chapters:
- Overview of bank insurance activities
- Introduction to the business of insurance
- Bank authority to sell insurance
- Bank holding company authority to offer insurance
- Insurance verses Banking: Development of preemption principles
- State regulation of state insurance agency activities
- Alternative arrangements for the sale of insurance
- Insurance activities of thrift and credit unions
- Compliance obligations
- Insurance products
- Acquisitions of insurance agencies
- Distribution of insurance products
- Insurance investments and ventures
To learn more about Insurance Activities of Banks, click here.