Arshawn Teymoorian specializes in advising financial institutions, insurance agencies, InsurTech startups, insurance agents, surplus lines brokers, managing general agents, insurance consultants, and third-party administrators, on a broad range on insurance regulatory issues. Mr. Teymoorian’s practice focuses on assisting clients with the following legal issues:
- Special rules governing bank-insurance sales under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, including teller referral fee rules, anti-tying rules, rules governing disclosures for non-deposit products, and others.
- Producer, third-party administrator, insurance consultant, managing general agent, and surplus lines broker licensing (both individual and entity licensing).
- Various insurance compensation arrangements, including issues associated with commission sharing and compensation disclosures.
- Laws governing the payment of insurance referral fees to unlicensed persons and which activities require an insurance license.
- State insurance unfair trade practices laws, including anti-rebating laws and laws that prohibit misleading insurance advertisements.
- Privacy, state insurance date security laws, and the formation of compliant information security programs.
- Add-on credit insurance and other debt protection products.
Mr. Teymoorian also advises bank and non-bank lenders on regulatory and compliance issues involving a range of consumer financial services laws and regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), and prohibitions on unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP).
Prior to joining McIntyre & Lemon, Mr. Teymoorian worked in the consumer financial services practice of a Chambers-ranked Am Law 200 Firm where he defended bank and non-bank lenders in class actions, investigations, and enforcement actions. Mr. Teymoorian serves as a Young Lawyer Liaison to the Webinars and Roundtables Subcommittee for the ABA Business Law Section’s Consumer Financial Services Committee. During law school, Mr. Teymoorian was also an intern at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Office of Enforcement and a law clerk at Fannie Mae.